Thursday, April 20, 2017

Oval Framed Oval of Flowers

I made a card for Easter with the Simon Says Stamp die, Oval of Flowers, as the die DOES look kind of like an Easter egg.  I thought...hmmm...would it still look like an easter egg if I framed the die cut??...well...
I layered this die cut, like the card on Easter, from underneath, and used a Spellbinders oval die cut for the frame.  I don't own a stitched oval die, but DID think it looked a little too plain with just the die cut, so I took a .03 thickness Zig marker, and drew my stitched lines around the oval, using the actual die as my guide.  I used some Doodlebug patterned paper to fill in the flowers, leaves and dots, and a Simon sentiment stamp.  Here's a close up...
I've still got ideas for this die...stay tuned:)!!...Thanks for visiting me today!! Hugs!! Lisa

4 comments:

  1. Love it Lisa. And, no, it doesn't look like an egg. Your disguise worked perfect! I think the stitching detail you added is what did it. Love your color choices, as always.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful. Can't wait to see what else you create with it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I must say, I think you could quite easily be the QUEEN of clean and simple! I find your designs so appealing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I absolutely love this card. thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete

I so appreciate your comments...thank you, so much, for taking the time to write:)!! Hugs!! Lisa