Wednesday, April 26, 2017

Happy Mother's Day for a New Mom

I decided to make a Mother's Day card for a new mom...or even a new mom-to-be...
 I used the new Simon Says Stamp Big Mom die to make a sentiment on blocks.  I die cut then layered the letters.  The patterned paper is from Hobby Lobby.  The woodgrained paper is from Simon Says Stamp(linked below) and stained.  I used some burlap and embossed it onto the card, to give my natural colored card a bit of texture...sort of like a piece of baby's clothes.  Rounded the corners of the woodgrained blocks that I cut square with my paper cutter.  I added a sentiment from an older Mother's Day stamp set from Simon.  Here's a close up... 
Another cool thought, you could get the Big Dad dies (linked below, also) using the "A" from "DAD", and make a card with the word "MOMMA" on a bit of a longer card...love being called "momma" by my girls...even at 25 and 27 years old and married!!  I'm presently away, helping my oldest move into her new home, otherwise, I'd make it...so for now, it will just have to remain a thought:)!  Thanks for visiting me today!! Hugs!! Lisa

9 comments:

  1. Beautiful card, Lisa. You are always unique with your use of patterned paper. I can't wait to use the burlap embossing trick. Funny you did that today as I was looking at older cards that you had used the technique on. And, great idea for a Momma card too. My 24 year old daughter calls me that, even when she sends me a text, and I love it. They grow up way too fast. Thanks for sharing and enjoy your time with your daughter.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous card! Love it! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. waoow! very beautiful design.Fabulous card i really like it: Mother's Day Flowers

    ReplyDelete
  4. You have posted very informative content. Thanks for Happy mothers day quotes

    ReplyDelete
  5. Online Flowers Pakistan is the largest privately owned online flower store in Pakistan. We endeavor to make your experience ordering flowers with us memorable. Our online store offers a collection of exclusive gifts including a teddy bear, leather wallets; customize chocolate cakes and balloon delivery, for same day delivery flowers or next day delivery. We know that when you send flowers online it comes from the heart, so we work hard to ensure your sprays are fresh, lovely, and eye-catching and delivered in time to celebrate every occasion.

    Send Flowers to Pakistan
    Send Flowers to Lahore
    Send Flowers to Islamabad
    Send Flowers to Karachi
    Send Flowers to Rawalpindi
    Online Flowers Delivery to Pakistan
    Mothers Day Flowers to Pakistan
    Birthday Flowers to Pakistan
    Online Birthday Flowers
    valentine Day Flowers to Pakistan
    Online Roses Delivery
    Send gift to pakistan
    Send Mother gift to pakistan

    ReplyDelete

I so appreciate your comments...thank you, so much, for taking the time to write:)!! Hugs!! Lisa