Tuesday, April 11, 2017

Giraffe Trio Four Ways

I had seen the Giraffe Trio die by Poppy Stamps a while ago, out in blogland and fell in love!!  My mom LOVES giraffes...she has an EXTENSIVE collection...no...MASSIVE:):)...and when I saw these dies...well I had some ideas...(please excuse the off-white color of my cards...when I updated my photo editing app, the white balance went whacky, but I tried my manual best!!)
The first one, I used all three of the dies, layered underneath the top die cut, and used a piece of patterned paper that I made with my printer, at the bottom of the layered die cuts.  These dies come all attached and I thought I could use them as they were, but below shows you why I opted not to...
The pic on the right is the original with all the dies still attached and die cut.  Because I wanted to layer from below, the dies had to be die cut the exact same way each time,  and to perfectly position them...hey, and  just to get them to stay put while die cutting, I taped them together with washi tape.  The die cut image on the left is with the taped giraffes.  Below you will see the patterned paper...I purchased a set of digital animal prints for printing on Etsy, the link HERE and used a piece of thinner cardstock to print the giraffe print...
Here's a close up of the layers and print...
The second one I used the leftovers from the first and finished the top layer instead of the bottom, with the patterned paper.  I added a Papertrey Ink sentiment...
Here's a close up...
The third one, I thought of Mother's Day, and took the "dad" away (this one will be for my mom!)...
I used a piece of woodgrain paper behind the giraffes that I sponged with distress inks, a Papertrey Ink sentiment stamp, and added some twine...
The fourth one, my sister's idea, I took the "baby" out, and made an anniversary card...my parents will be celebrating 61 years in June:)!!...
Added the layered giraffes with a glossy accented stack of hearts between them on an extended stitched panel,  to a stenciled heart background that I sponged with versa mark and clear embossed.  Here's a close up...
some twine, and a My Favorite Things sentiment on the inside...
Simple cards for different occasions with three little giraffes:)!!  So much fun!!  Thanks for visiting me today!! Hugs!! Lisa

12 comments:

  1. What an adorable ensemble! Your giraffes are so sweet. Would you mind sharing the Etsy link for the digital animal print set you used? Thanks again for sharing these.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I thought maybe I should have done that, but thanks for the request...it's now in the post, but here's the link, too:)!! https://www.etsy.com/listing/128966478/out-of-africa-digital-paper-set-of-12?ref=market ❤ Lisa

      Delete
    2. Many, many thanks! I'll be CASEing soon! 😉

      Delete
  2. Wow! What a fabulous selection. Might have to purchase the dies as I have a friend who LOVES giraffes. Wonderful cards, Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous cards Lisa, love giraffes and haven't seen these dies as yet!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your knocked it out of the park again, Lisa. I haven't seen the die set before. I may have to pick it up. And, the animal print paper is fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  5. These are wonderful Lisa. I love giraffe's too and these are all so sweet. I am sure your Mom will love it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Always look forward to your posts. I have this die. Now I have wonderful new ideas. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love these cards, Lisa!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Too cute. Love what you did with that darling set of dies.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh these are just gorgeous Lisa xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Perfect on so many levels.

    your fan, Karen

    ReplyDelete

I so appreciate your comments...thank you, so much, for taking the time to write:)!! Hugs!! Lisa