Friday, June 21, 2013

Your Day

I made this card in the beginning of May for a Less is More opposite ends of the color wheel challenge and didn't think much of it. I took a pic of it, but it sat in a box for the last month or more until my daughter came home to visit last week.   She really liked it and she took it home to Tennessee with her.  After she got home, a friend came to her house needing a birthday card...and guess which one she picked...that same card!  SO...I thought I would put it up for you to see and see what YOU all think:)?!...
Used lucky limeade and poppy parade for colors.  I stamped the background with versa mark, the sentiment (Hero Arts) with stazon black, clear embossed, and colored the dotted centers of the letters with markers. The arrows are from a Papertrey Ink die, layered and popped up. I also stamped a sentiment in the inside in black, clear embossed and colored with red to match the "your" on the front...

Thanks for visiting me today!! Hugs!! Lisa

9 comments:

  1. Like this card (I am a big fan of clean and simple or less is more)
    Greetings and have a nice weekend, Carola

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think this card is brilliant and would be perfect particularly for a man's birthday in that colour scheme. You could do similar with pink background and bright yellow dots for a more girly card. Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think it is great! Pinning to CASE it later! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your daughter and friend are right. I like the arrows pointing to the sentiment. I've been making gender neutral birthday cards to donate to a senior residential facility. I'm going to CASE the arrows. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Another amazing card Lisa, it really caught my eye - love the colors...I think I May just buy that digi set ★

    ReplyDelete
  6. I really like this card. Different but a good different.

    ReplyDelete
  7. LOVE this card, Lisa! Perfect CAS card and I love the arrows pointing to the sentiment.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I can totally see why they both chose it. It's bold and fun!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I think the card is great. We're always out harshest critics.

    ReplyDelete

I so appreciate your comments...thank you, so much, for taking the time to write:)!! Hugs!! Lisa