Wednesday, June 19, 2013

Thanks and Hello in Cork and Twine

My daughter recently asked for some thank you cards, so opted for a SUPER SIMPLE set of thank you cards that were a little different.  I used some VERY thick cork.  I also had a "Hello" die, that I also used the cork on then decided to try the negative space and use some twiney ribbon on a diagonal angle...here are all of them...






This was the "ribbon" I used...ribbon made from twine  placing it side-by-side at a diagonal behind the sentiment.
All these cards were made using Sizzix Phrases dies...both of which are retired, but you can still find around...the Sizzix Phrases: Hello  and the Sizzix Phrases: thanks.  I have linked them to ebay links ...that's the only place I could find them...they ARE fun dies!!  Love that they cut through thick things.  The paper used is Tim Holtz distress paper...love the richness of color with the added texture of the paper.   Thanks for visiting me today!! Hugs!! Lisa

4 comments:

  1. SUPER !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So simple, so beautiful.
    What a great idea to work with cork.
    And the last card with "ribbon" behind the text, makes it so special.
    Greetings, Carola

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the ribbon and the cork is so unusual, but makes a great card.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those are fun dies and your cards are fun. Loving that thick cork.

    ReplyDelete

I so appreciate your comments...thank you, so much, for taking the time to write:)!! Hugs!! Lisa