Monday, June 24, 2013

Flowery Raised Thanks

I attribute JJ Bolton to creating a beautiful and wonderful way to make cards with large die cut sentiments where the stamped card panel and the die cut letters' stamping match on the stamped panel.
I decided to try my hand at achieving the same affect in perhaps...an easier way?....one that simply uses one stamped image instead of two...




I first stamped the panel with flowers from Simon Says Stamps Flower Friends stamp set, then with some Papertrey Ink die cut letters taped to the panel, I began to individually die cut them (Headline Alphabet Dies...I could not link it on the bottom....having problems with Papertrey lately!)...



Then I used some Scor Tape and taped the BACK of the stamped panel (YES, I made a mistake and the back of the panel was stamped, as well, so there are 3 flowers on the back where I taped), so when the letters are layered, they will be adhered to the tape THROUGH the panel to the back....


I layered the letters with a couple layers of chipboard for depth.
I took off the "t" to show you that the letters are part of the panel...
OH...and I swiped the edges of the card with Pale Tomato, to match the flowers...the card now matches the stamped panel:)!



And with this picture as well, you can see, with a close up, that the letters are cut into the panel, making it much easier to make this "kind" of card...easier for me and maybe for you, than matching up two panels and all the letters...and for me, it's all about the "easy":):)!!


What do you think?  Would love to know your thoughts!!  Thanks for visiting me today!! Hugs!! Lisa

12 comments:

  1. Wow that does seem to be an easier way of doing that technique! (I never seem to be able to line everything up twice!)Beautiful results. Thanks so much for showing us. xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for finding an easier way to do this and sharing it with us. Now I'm no longer afraid to try it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. thanks for figuring out an easy way to do this - the original way seemed way too fussy for me. will give your technique a try!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. A fantastic method!! Thank you! I love your cheerful flowers and colors!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This seems much easier! Great card!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a great effect! Love your card, Lisa!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks SO much for showing a different way of doing this! I have tried lots of different techniques over the years and I really don't feel like I am slow, but I can not seem to wrap my brain around the other method of doing this!! Thanks to you, now I can try it! :)Traci

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh, and your card is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh! God bless you! I had looked at her cards and thought, someday I'll try that...now I'm doing a head slap after I see how you did it. Wonderful! Thanks for the great idea.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful card, and a wonderful twist on JJ's technique. Am so loving both. Thanks for taking the time to share. Bev : )

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thank you so much for sharing your take on JJ Bolton's idea. This is just too cute and will be so much fun to try!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love this card! Absolutely beautiful! Thanks for sharing your technique. I can't wait to try it.

    ReplyDelete

I so appreciate your comments...thank you, so much, for taking the time to write:)!! Hugs!! Lisa