Friday, June 28, 2013

Berkshire Leaves 2

This is my second post using the new Simon Says Stamp Berkshire Leaf Border Outline and background dies and a few pics showing you HOW...

I cut two pieces to the panel...the darker panel larger than the lighter.  I used Eclipse tape and ran a strip down the back of the two panels to keep them together...

 I die cut the background die with a thin white paper and then placed it over the area where the two panels meet, on the FRONT...  I taped it down on top and bottom with more eclipse tape, placed the die over the white die cut paper, and ran it through my Big Shot...

This is what it looked like after die cutting...

BEFORE I moved the cut panels from each other, I put a wide piece of eclipse tape over the cuts to keep them from moving while I trimmed the card on the top and bottom(easier to do AFTER than before. so you can see where you want to cut.  I flipped it over and cut from the back, but you could put a shorter piece of tape on the panels that don't cover the top and bottom of the panels and just the centers and cut from the front)...

After trimming on top and bottom, remove wide tape...

This is showing you the actual border outline die extending over the top and bottom...

I then flipped it over, and using some Scor tape(a tape that will HOLD)...I taped small pieces up and down both sides of the die, adhering it to the colored panels...

Then popped up on white card (removing all the protective sides of the tape before putting pop up dots on the panel).  Here's a close up of the die against the card...

FUN!!
Thanks for visiting me today!! Hugs!! Lisa

13 comments:

  1. thank you for sharing - this is beautiful!
    Sandra ltb

    ReplyDelete
  2. Brilliant card! Love the two greens, and thanks so much for the quick tutorial. That die is so cool...I think I'm going to have to break down and get it! Have a great weekend. Bev

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh wow! Must try this Lisa it is so effective in the 2 shades of green!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looooove this, Lisa!! Green is my favorite colour and I love leaves too so swooning over this beauty :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. A lot of work, but so worth it. Simply gorgeous!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fantastic technique Lisa, TFS. Looks amazing :) Cathy x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow! What fabulous technique!

    ReplyDelete
  8. You need to get a commission on this die, Lisa! This is tremendous!! Thank you so, so much for how-to, too!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a stunning card! Remarkable job... just LOVE it! Thanks for the step by step with pictures too!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Gorgeous! Thanks for the tutorial.

    ReplyDelete
  11. An amazing attention to detail, thanks for the step by step!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Amazing and wonderful idea. Thanks for the tutorial Lisa.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Very pretty card and thanks so much for sharing the "how to"!

    ReplyDelete

I so appreciate your comments...thank you, so much, for taking the time to write:)!! Hugs!! Lisa