Friday, January 18, 2013

Quilled Elegance Butterflies

I loved the look of the Papertrey Ink set Quilled Elegance  and purchased it at Christmas, but am just getting to play with it:)!  I saw the butterfly in the set and had to try my hand at coloring a few!!  Used some Memento markers and experimented with combos until I found 3 I loved.  Used my VERY  favorite layout for three images and a sentiment...
FUN FUN FUN!!!  I am loving bright, bold, happy colors, don't get much brighter or bolder than these guys:):)!!  Thanks for visiting me today!! Hugs!! Lisa
Edited to answer Zyra's question in her comment:)!  I'm so sorry that I don't often include the "type" of paper that I use...because paper IS important to achieving a certain "look" sometimes....especially with clean and simple cards.  The paper on this card is ALL Papertrey Ink white paper.  It is a VERY thick, heavyweight paper and is VERY white....it's just "simply" wonderful!  It's ESPECIALLY sweet on cards like this with lots of open space...a nice white paper is just nice:)!!  I used a thin paint brush to ever so slightly curl the wings of the butterflies before popping up on panel(put my thumb on the brush, my 1st finger behind the butterfly and swept it across the wings)...and then popping the panel on the card.  Hope that helps answer your question..welcome to the wonderful world of card making, Zyra...thanks for asking...love questions!!!

6 comments:

  1. Beautiful card, pretty, bright colors!
    Karin x

    ReplyDelete
  2. So cool, Lisa! I never would have thought of butterflies! They're beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW, WOW, WOW . . . one for each butterfly! LOVE this card!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello,
    I just found your blog yesterday. What a beautiful cards. I love it. You are an inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello!
    Greetings from UAE!
    I'm a newbie in card making, I just want to ask on the quality of paper you are using as base (card)..and the proper folding...Thank you!

    I love Those butterflies on top!
    Simple yet dreamy...

    ReplyDelete
  6. just love the pops of color on this Lisa.

    ReplyDelete

I so appreciate your comments...thank you, so much, for taking the time to write:)!! Hugs!! Lisa