Friday, September 9, 2011

Totally Casing Cristina

I decided to post the cards that I made casing an artist whose work is beautiful, Cristina Kowalczyk.  She entered, and WON Gallery Idol on the Papercrafts website!!  She made some beautiful cards, but I was especially taken with this one from Round 2...You can find her wonderful instructions HERE:
I loved this card so very much, that I ordered the dies, got a pair of all purpose snips(Stanley Black and Decker 7" all purpose snips) and cut the Papertrey dies like she did to make her card, and made two...one almost EXACTLY like hers the other, just a tad different(paper and sentiment).  Here are my cases of her amazing card:
 And a side view:
Used Bazzill black, melon mambo and white papers with a sentiment from Papertrey Ink(Iconic Images).
 Then I made one with designer paper and some stamped paper and smaller black dots with a white top layer:
 This view shows the layering:
Used Bazzill white, regal rose dp from Stampin Up, and pretty in pink.  Used 2 sets from Papertrey Ink (Basic Backgrounds: Tin Type, Signature Greetings).
Oh how fun it is to make cards from cards that inspire...thanks Cristina, for inspiring me and sooooo many others with your beautiful work:)!!

8 comments:

  1. I love this card of Cristina's also. You've totally done it justice in your CASEs. Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, wow! These came out beautifully! I love seeing it in that lighter version, too. I may have to make another one myself now! You've inspired *me.* :) Thanks so much for the shout-out, too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. A brilliant CASE Lisa, I never saw how Christina did it ! Now I'm inspired to attack my dies. It's disappointing that PTI fix them all together but now there's hope. Thanks for sharing, love the pale version too:)
    Jenny x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ooh such lovely cards! Love the original and you've CASEd it beautifully :o) Lisa x

    ReplyDelete
  5. I ordered the dies for this card too!!

    I love your take on them. The black is so dramatic and the pink with the patterned paper is so sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I LOVED this card as well and can see why you chose to case it! Beautifully done both times :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Absolutely beautiful, Lisa!! You nailed these! I like the white and pink take, too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. These are just stunning! Fabulous!
    Tara
    tarashomemadehappiness.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

I so appreciate your comments...thank you, so much, for taking the time to write:)!! Hugs!! Lisa