Thursday, September 29, 2011

Still Loving Fall!!

My Big Shot broke, big time!!  I am totally lost without it!!!  I didn't realize how very much I used and depended on it for card making...I am definitely one who loves dimension on my cards that only embossing and die cutting can bring about...I have been so lost this week without it. I am having to rethink what I make, forget blog challenges, I am totally challenged by this, alone!!   I ordered one on ebay for 1/2 the price of the stores, but am waiting on it to arrive...waiting is hard. But it's all good!
I was looking at a card on a blog whose challenge I will probably not get to this week, and this card maker said she is over Fall...and the cards in that post would be her last Fall cards.  Well...where I come from, apples are just being picked, we bought our first  pumpkins, the weather is just now getting cooler, not cool, just cooler...I LOVE Fall...and Fall is just starting for me.  I have made quite a few Fall cards, but am not ready to put my leaves away!!!  So here are a couple more:
 Used a Stampin Up set from last Fall (Day of Gratitude) and Papertrey Ink(Beautiful Blessings).  I Versamarked  four colored papers with leaf(Old Olive, More Mustard, Cajun Craze, Pumpkin Pie) and clear embossed.  Cut them out and scattered around sentiment and popped up on bazzill java paper.
r
For this one, I randomly stamped sunflowers  and their centers all over the card(Papertrey Ink Simple Sunflower) and added ribbon and two A Muse stamps(Vintage Labels and Avian Notes-sentiment).  The colors are Summer Sun and Soft Suede. Random ribbon, popped up framed sentiment.
I  STILL love Fall!!!
Thanks for looking, hope you have a great day:)!!

5 comments:

  1. These are beautiful, Lisa! So sorry to hear about your Big Shot breaking. That's the pits :( . But I'm glad you were able to find one for a good price on eBay. Happy waiting for it to arrive!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Lisa, Fabulous fall card and a gorgeous sunflower one as well:0) Such a shame about your big shot, hope your replacement gets to you very soon, Gay xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh no....hope Mr. Brown brings you your Big Shot quickly!! LOVE the first card as I LOVE fall colours and cards. Just starting to get a bit of a nip in the air up here too and not many leaves turning colour yet so bring on the Fall cards I say :) Lovely work on both.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love Fall too and it's just begun. Isn't it a shame that we rush through the seasons so fast, always ready for the next and not getting to take the time to enjoy what where we are right now? I sympathize with your loss of the Big Shot. That' would be like losing my right hand! Hope it comes soon. Both of these are beautiful without the Big Guy.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Autumn is the best season and is usually cut short by the cold winter arriving early so lets make the most of it :)
    Beautiful cards Lisa, sumptuous colours :)
    Jenny x

    ReplyDelete

I so appreciate your comments...thank you, so much, for taking the time to write:)!! Hugs!! Lisa