Sunday, September 4, 2011

Less is More...Metallic

The challenge this week at Less is More is to make a card with a color theme of 
                                                        METALLIC
Chrissie and Mandi have challenged us to use metal on our cards in the form of: ink, embossing, card, charms, actual metal.  I found this challenge really cool...and will probably think of something else by week's end, but came up with a couple cards that I made yesterday(SUPER EARLY for me:)!!):
 I have really had Fall on the mind...so it seems that this challenge fit perfectly with the thought of copper colored leaves!  This first one I made with some metal mesh I had been given by someone who gave up crafting...didn't know where I would use it...thanks, ladies, for challenging me to finally find a use for it!!  I took the mesh, cut it with wire cutters...cut 2 - 1 3/4" squares(package comes with 3 -  6" x 12" sheets of different meshes by Making Memories), patted it on versamark ink and poured copper embossing powder over the wire.  Heat embossed it.  Used the Papertrey Ink sets Leaf Prints for the leaf and Wreath for All Seasons for the sentiment. Stamped on die cut copper metallic textured paper leaf with versamark, and embossed with copper embossing powder as with the mesh.  Attached with glue dots and foam squares for the leaf.
This one I used a maple leaf punch from Martha Stewart with the same copper metallic paper as the first card, and used a sentiment from Papertrey Ink Signature Greetings.  Layered and popped up on same copper metallic paper attached to white card, also popping up 2 of the 5 leaves for a varied look.
Thanks for the challenge, and thanks for looking!!  

19 comments:

  1. both cards are absolutely STUNNING, lisa!! i really like that even though you used leaves on both cards each is so very unique!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Loving your 'fall' theme Lisa, such beautiful colours for the leaves:)
    Two fantastic cards :)
    Jenny x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely autumnal leaves, and beautifully embossed.

    ReplyDelete
  4. These cards are both FABULOUS Lisa.
    Beautiful design, simple and elegant.. gorgeous creations!
    Thanks so much
    Chrissie
    "Less is More"

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Lisa, Simply gorgeous cards. Both so different and both so beautiful. This metallic theme seems to be inspiring some brilliant creations:0) I hope you have a wonderful week, Gay xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Simply stunning cards.
    Beryl x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Both cards are stunning. Just my cup of tea!
    Lynne xxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. These are gorgeous! I love your use of mesh....hmmmm.....I think I have some around here....thank you for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  9. These are GORGEOUS!!! Love them both. Fantastic use of the metal and the mesh.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful cards. Love the copper, love the mesh! xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow Lisa
    Love them both, the wire mesh and leaf is stunning.
    Most beautiful use of metal embossing.
    Lol
    Margemac

    ReplyDelete
  12. We've seen lots of lovely leaves, this week
    Yours are wonderful
    Gorgeous cards
    Thank you
    Mandi
    "Less is More"

    ReplyDelete
  13. Gorgeous, both of them!
    Margaret x

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh, look at you Lisa! You've already done 2 super creative metallic cards and I'm still askingg myself what in the world am I going to do? Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oooo both lovely cards, really like your leaves :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Copper, mesh and fall. What a terrific trio! Your work is gorgeous, as always.

    ReplyDelete

I so appreciate your comments...thank you, so much, for taking the time to write:)!! Hugs!! Lisa