Sunday, September 25, 2011

Less is More 34...Sketch

This week, at Less is More the challenge is a sketch:
My son had his wisdom teeth pulled on Thursday(spent almost the whole day at the hospital) and he slept most of Thursday upon our return, but Friday and yesterday were tough.  I opted to remain home from church this morning and care for my "baby"...he woke early, but went back to sleep a couple hours later, so I watched him sleep and made a couple cards.  One fits the challenge....the other...well, a little bit of a stretch(flipped, anyway).
I took part in the recent Inpiration Showcase, a 2 week online course in techniques with Jennifer McGuire, and have been trying to impliment some of the things she demonstrated.... it's going to take a while, but I learned a lot!!  On this card I used bazzill white paper for most of the card, but the butterfly is watercolor paper colored with distress inks and water.  I used the same blue for the sky, but used more water (regular bazzill paper for that piece).  Popped up the panel on card.  Used a bunch of stamp sets(Papertrey Ink Giga Guide Lines-sentiment, Mat Stack 1 Collection-frame, Butterfly Dreams-butterfly, Annabelle Stamps All Things Grow-brush).  Used Broken China and Dusty Concord distress inks.

Used a branch die by Memory Box and Martha Stewart maple leaf punch.  I punched watercolor paper leaves and painted, again, with distress inks.  Papertrey Ink senitment(Signature Greetings) and Fired Brick, Orange Marmalade and Mustard Seed distress inks.
Thanks for looking, I hope you all have a great week:)!!

23 comments:

  1. Two fabulous cards Lisa, I love them (including the rotated one!) Absolutely super job!
    Thanks so much
    Chrissie
    "Less is More"

    ReplyDelete
  2. Both gorgeous cards and those leaves are just brilliant :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Both of these cards are beautiful! The colors and framing of the design on the first one are wonderful and I love the watercolored leaves just hanging on the branch.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Two beauties. Being Canadian I love the maple leaves on the branch!

    Sorry your son is having a rough go after the wisdom teeth got pulled...sounds like some were impacted. Keep the bag of frozen peas handy for him to put on his face regularly! I threw up for a day from the anesthetic as we don't get along very well LOL! Milkshakes were one of my favorite things to "eat"

    ReplyDelete
  5. Two fabulous cards, I especially love the leaves.
    Lynne xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Two beautiful cards Lisa. The butterfly one is so pretty and I love the colours of the autumnal leaves. Hope you're 'baby' is soon feeling better. xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Now this is yummy Lisa, love how you've used the branch die...it's so versatile :) Gorgeous colours in all your last three leaf cards.
    Jenny x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love your LIM card Lisa, the mat is just perfect and so is the butterfly :)
    Jenny x

    ReplyDelete
  9. beautiful cards! i really like the 2nd one... its gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I just love visiting your blog... I really think both cards are extremely stylish! Love your style X

    ReplyDelete
  11. 2 great cards, I cant even say which one is my favourite I love them both.

    ReplyDelete
  12. FANTASTIC!
    Love them both, wonderful take on our sketch
    My sympathies to your son!

    Thank you
    Mandi LIM

    ReplyDelete
  13. Two great cards Lisa, love them both. Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh they are both gorgeous. I love all the little leaves.
    Linbyx

    ReplyDelete
  15. Two super cards. Really love the autumn colours. x

    ReplyDelete
  16. Love that die cut on the first card and the branch on the second card...two great cards, Lisa!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. These are stunning and love the simplicity of the first and the colours of the second x

    ReplyDelete
  18. Really beautiful cards! :)
    Hugs Lena

    ReplyDelete
  19. Precious the two, but the leaves I love.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Gorgeous cards Lisa! You really have a touch for CAS cards! Love them, especially the first one!

    Have a great day!
    Aleksandra

    ReplyDelete
  21. Two beautiful cards Lisa, well done ! I hope your son feels better soon also....I remember when my son had his wisdom tooth out, even when they are adults mothers worry :O) Viv xx

    ReplyDelete
  22. I love both of your cards. I love the texture in the diecut and I just love that branch with leaves. Fabulous job!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Lisa, Just wanted to thank you for sharing the branch with leaves card. My friend and I were inspired to make something similar! We appreciate your sharing your card for inspiration!! Thank again! hugs, Laura Holm

    ReplyDelete

I so appreciate your comments...thank you, so much, for taking the time to write:)!! Hugs!! Lisa