Thursday, September 29, 2011

The Five Minute Kiss

Well...the title got you thinking??!! Sorry to disappoint those of you who hoped for some literal deets...this is a card made with a very old PSX stamp(E-10460) that took me 5 minutes...or maybe less to make, and uses the Kiss technique:):)!!.  I'd had this stamp on my desk for the last couple weeks, and would not put it away until I made a card with it...
I inked the stamp with distress ink(Mustard Seed) and "kissed" it on a scripted stamp(Tim Holtz Reflections). The really cool thing about this script is that the stamp is backwards, so is made for kissing, that way the script stamps the right way when stamping...hope that makes sense.  Here are a couple pictures to show what I did:
 I stamped the stamp with mustard, the script with suede and then put the mustard on the sueded script:
Then I stamped the image...super easy...super quick.  Added Papertrey Ink sentiment(Through the Trees).  Rounded corners and finished.
Just a quick one to share:):)!!

7 comments:

  1. Thanks for the tip on those stamps - it makes total sense to have reflecting stamps!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Reflective kissing! I like the sounds of that. Beautiful! I love 5 minute cards!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a gorgeous card, Lisa. I love the idea of a kissing script stamp. I also love the way your script lined up down your card, very neat!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is SO pretty, Lisa! Your kissing technique on those leaves looks fantastic. :) I love fall cards!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ha Ha- you got me in!! Lol! Gorgeous card !!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ooooo Lisa. I love this. There is nothing like a finve minute card. Many times, I take 5 hours. Thank you so very much for your kind and encouraging words on my blog. I really appreciate them. I took a stroll through your blog too. I love all of your leaves and acorns of late. I have been really trying to adopt the CAS style, and it's always wonderful to find artists from whom I can draw inspriation.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lisa these leaves are gorgeous and can I also mention that twig with leaves on an earlier posting, so simple, so perfectly effective!
    Anne
    x

    ReplyDelete

I so appreciate your comments...thank you, so much, for taking the time to write:)!! Hugs!! Lisa