Friday, September 16, 2011

Double and Colored

I made this card for Less is More's challenge 32...Seeing Double...to make a card with a double on it.  I then saw One Layer Wednesday's challenge 64...Color It...to color something on a one layer card... and realized my card met both requirements...oh how I LOVE when that happens!!
I stamped the same flower from W Plus 9 Design Studio(Woodgrains Silhouettes Additions) once straight, the other with the stem of the clear stamp bent on my acrylic block before stamping.  I colored with 2 Stampin Up markers(Summer Sun, Barely Banana), and used my fiskars fingertip control craft knife and cut out some of the petals of each flower.  I pulled them out a little to give the one layer card some dimension.  I added sentiment (Papertrey Signature Greetings) and ribbon.
 Then, I made another one for the Seeing Double challenge using the same set(most of which are solid stamps). I had seen this stamp used this way in a magazine and loved the white on kraft!  Simply stamped twice with Color Box Frost White,heat set the ink, because it is pigment ink and dries slowly...but this morning it had even dried a bit more since last night.  Added sentiment from same Papertrey set as the first and small pearls.  Super simple and easy...
Thanks for looking, hope you have a great day:)!!

15 comments:

  1. love the petals for added dimensions, what a beautiful card... like the other one too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Two beauties! LOVE the second one with the leaves embossed in white on craft.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Two gorgeous cards, Lisa. Love them both.

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are terrific
    Superb stamping
    Thank you
    Mandi
    "Less is More"

    ReplyDelete
  5. Two fabulous cards Lisa, I love them both, the relief on the first one is amazing!
    Thanks so much
    Chrissie
    "Less is More"

    ReplyDelete
  6. Absolutely beautiful Lisa, I love the delicate crocus and white on Kraft is always a winner in my book, love the addition of the pearls too :)
    How do you get on with that finger control knife? is it easy to change from using a regular craft knife? I'm tempted to try it :)
    Jenny x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Perfect cards Lisa! I love the way you cut and lifted the flower petals on the first and I love the white on kraft of the second.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Don't know how I missed seeing this one- its very beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  9. these are both fabulous!! I love how you pulled the petals out to create tons of dimension on a OLW card ... and the white on the kraft is out of this world!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful cards. The dimentions are great and add so much
    tfs
    Pauline

    ReplyDelete
  11. Lisa, your cards are always beautiful! I love both of these!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful job! I love both cards.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi Lisa, Two fabulous cards, I love the petals of the first crocus card, simple elegance and the next card is misty and beautiful:0) Hugs Gay xxx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh my! TWO fabulous CAS cards on one post! Both are simply wonderful!!!!!

    ReplyDelete

I so appreciate your comments...thank you, so much, for taking the time to write:)!! Hugs!! Lisa