Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Dad's Birthday...Charlie Brown Style

Less is More challenge 33 is to have 1000 uploads by the end of the week's challenge...anything CAS goes!!!  I have yet another...yes, another... the card for my dad's 82nd birthday last week!!  I have to thank my friend,  Emily Keaton for the idea!!  She made a WONDERFUL Charlie Brown card that I absolutely loved and knew that I had to make for my dad's birthday as he is a crazy Peanuts fan!!!  I even downloaded the Peanuts script to my microsoft from her site where she kindly gave the link to it:)!!  The card is with my dad now, and I didn't get to take a picture of the inside, but it said,"I love you, Dad!"  Happy Birthday! also in the Peanuts script:
Thought I would give you a picture of Charlie Brown, just in case you aren't familiar with him:)!!
The only difference is that I didn't have the ability to computerize the stripes, so printed off some chevron stripes I found HERE (I used the small/thin chevrons) and cut with a piece of textured black paper behind the template.  I used Summer Sun paper.  Sooooo, there was no stamping on this card, but it is clean and simple!  
   Oh, and just for the fun of it, here's a picture of me, my dad and sister when we had lunch with him and my mom on his "day":)!!  I flew 600 miles to surprise him last Monday...what a wonderful day it was!!!
  Thanks for looking, I just may have to make a few more by week's end...anything goes is alot of fun:)!!

8 comments:

  1. Absolutely LOVE this Charlie Brown card!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awww, shucks, Lisa!! {blushing} Thanks so much for the shout-out :). I LOVE how your card turned out. I'm so glad I was able to inspire you! And that photo of you and your sis with your dad is precious. How wonderful that you were able to be there for his special day! Fantastic gift. :) Ya dun good, my friend!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is such an innovative card... I think it's fab.
    Wonderful picture of you with your dad, you can see the joy in his face that you're there. Priceless.
    Thanks again Lisa.
    Chrissie
    "Less is More"

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well done creating the card :) Even more well done flying out to surprise him :) I'm sure it will be a day he remembers and thanks you for over and over.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What an original idea for a card and love the font too.... you got me thinking of other cartoons, hmmm...
    Jenny x

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a lovely post. i bet your Dad was so surprised to see you. Love the Charlie Brown inspired card. Funnily enough Snoopy is in Build a Bear at the moment, my daughters favourite shop. My Husband and I had to explain about Peanuts and how we loved the cartoon as kids. x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fantastic card
    What a proud Daddy you have, superb photo
    Thank you for helping us with our target of 1000 entries
    Mandi
    LIM

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is fabulous, I love Charklie Brown but you've captured his essence brilliantly, very clever and I love that sentiment!
    Your father looks so happy it was lovely that you travelled so far to see him and I'm glad you had a wonderful time, Gay xxx

    ReplyDelete

I so appreciate your comments...thank you, so much, for taking the time to write:)!! Hugs!! Lisa