Thursday, September 8, 2011

CAS-ual Fridays...Red, Black, and White + Inspired by a Book

When Clean and Simple got together with CAS-ual Fridays last month...I thought...another Clean and Simple challenge...well let me try my hand(s) at it!!  This week's challenge is to make a card inspired by a book and is to be made with the colors red, white, and black.  I don't read many books, but when my children were little, a couple of their favorites and mine were Rainbow Fish and Grouchy Ladybug.  Now, the ladybug was PERFECT for this challenge with the red and black...but I thought I would try a fish, too.  Not rainbow...red, black and white, but I did put some shiny gel on his gills to look kind of rainbowy....a little different, but fun.  Not sure about either, the ladybug one was made using a sketch from Papercrafts latest magazine...hmm...just ok:)...Here they are:
 Made with a set from Hero Arts and an embossing folder. Here's a close up of the gills:
 And here's the ladybugs:
 Made with punch from Martha Stewart and sentiment from Hero Arts.  Here's the inside:
What a fun challenge...LOVE red, white and black....the book made the challenge...fun!!
Thanks for looking, hope you have a great weekend!!

EDIT....Oops!! I was a day too late to put my cards in the challenge...my bad for not reading a bit more thoroughly:(!!

6 comments:

  1. Oh what a shame Lisa and you put so much work and thought in too. Love the ladybugs.... especially on the circle embossing:)
    Jenny x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love them both! These colors together have always been a favorite of mine.

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are cute, Lisa! I love that sweet red, black, and white "rainbow fish!!"

    ReplyDelete
  4. Two great cards! Love the fish bubbles and EF you used in the BG and the ladybugs are adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  5. A little late but thanks for sharing them anyway - they're gorgeous! I especially like the fish with his shiny scales.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a pity you missed the challenge, these are both gorgeous responses! I love both these books. I'm still reading them both to my littlest girl. :-)

    ReplyDelete

I so appreciate your comments...thank you, so much, for taking the time to write:)!! Hugs!! Lisa